This is the American-made Comfy Fit Deluxe Breast Collar, designed for the ComfyFit harness. The Deluxe Breast Collar is part of our best-selling, most comfortable harness, specially designed with both the drivers and your animal’s comfort in mind. Like the harness, the Deluxe Breast Collar is available in several linings and with stainless or brass hardware.
You will need a neck strap and martingale to use this breast collar.
When combined with a ComfyFit neck strap and false martingale, this breast collar may be used with any harness which has buckle-in traces. ComfyFit deluxe breast collars have a deeper curve at the neck and a higher cut at the shoulder to allow more airway clearance and freedom of shoulder movement for animals with a higher shoulder action.
The deluxe breast collar works wonderfully to offer freedom of shoulder movement and is the breast collar of choice for drivers who compete in CDEs, drive off-road in a variety of terrains, zoom around obstacles, race, etc. We recommend that the standard ComfyFit neck strap be used with the deluxe breast collar because it allows for height adjustment for the line of reins. The padded martingale should also be used to hold the breast collar in place.
Deluxe breast collars come with:
- Extra soft padding and up-tugs for neck strap
- Trace buckles which are each proportional to the size breast collar ordered.
- Your choice of matte or patent finish on the top.
- Stainless Steel.
- Your choice of black leather or black carefree padding.
Sizes are carefully engineered and guaranteed to fit.
If you are ordering this breast collar you will need: (please click on each product and add it to your cart!)
Upgrade options include: (click on each product and add it to your cart if you need these upgrades!)
- pair D’s to use with pair harness.
The Deluxe breast collar is cut lower than a standard curved breast collar to avoid airway constriction. It is also cut higher over the shoulder to allow freedom of shoulder movement. The last part of the collar curves down and flares to provide a wider base of contact as it curves around the shoulder. The Deluxe Breast Collar stops farther forward than the standard curved breast collar to avoid pinching the horse between the girth and the end of the collar while turning for moving fast.
- Mini A – 24″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Mini B – 27″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Mini C – 28 1/2″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Shetland/Small Pony – 28″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Pony – 32″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Cob – 34″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Horse – 38″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Large Horse – 42″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
- Draft – 47 1/2″ long from end to end (when measured straight across)
Brass hardware is not kept in stock and will require 12-14 weeks. Parts with brass hardware are also not returnable.
**The Deluxe is generally not the first choice for Mini Donkeys and Mules. We make a curved Breast Collar especially for them that comes as part of the standard ComfyFit harness for mini donkeys/mules.
We accept returns of like new, in-stock merchandise within 30 days of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. Special order items are not returnable! This includes brass hardware, colored straps, and anything else listed in product descriptions as custom or special order.
Please review our full return policy on the FAQ & policies page.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please see our Size Chart Page for additional measuring information.
Please include the measurements of your equine in the Notes section of your order.
How to Measure for a Collar:
Measure just in front of the back of the shoulder, about half way between the front and the back of the shoulder, as this breast collar needs to be a bit shorter. The deluxe collar stops about 3-4″ before the girth.
Choosing a Size:
Deluxe collars are available in sizes from Mini thru Draft. The length is measured end to end straight across the middle of the breast collar.
There are no reviews yet.