Here is our Farm/Work Harness designed and sized just right for the minis all the way through to the draft horses. Be aware that the mini sized Farm/Work harness has been sized down just for them and will have a few small difference, such as the snaps used due to the smaller size. All of our harness is proportioned and designed for the type of animal for which it is intended.
Each Chimacum Tack Farm/Work Harness is American made by skilled craftsmen using traditional methods and contemporary materials. We have used exclusively the same harness shop for more than 28 years. We are proud of Chimacum Tack harness and stand behind it. We would be glad to stand in front of it as well! Each harness is handmade with top quality materials and attention to detail. Built for strength and durability.
CT Farm/Work Harness is ready for whatever work you have in mind. Our harness is designed and guaranteed to fit well. Many Chimacum Tack harnesses made in the mid-1990s are still in use and in good condition.
Farm/Work Harness Includes:
- The Bridle with Side Check
- The Hames which are connected to; the Traces, Back strap with girth, turn back strap, hip straps (spider) and breeching with hold back straps
- The Driving Lines IN Brahma web –(upgrade to SuperGrip Lines available)
- DOES NOT INCLUDE A CRUPPER.You can add those to your order here: Snap on Crupper for Farm/Work Harness
Farm/Work Harness Features:
- Stainless Steel hardware
- Materials: Brahma Web, (matte) or Nylon *We do recommend Brahma web for durability and ease of maintenance
- Harness is sold as a pair or a single. If you want half of a set rather than a single, please indicate that when ordering in the optional customer comments when you click “go to check out”. The half set will NOT come with shaft loops or driving lines!
- Black powder coated steel #520 farm hames
- Bridles available with round, square, or pigeon wing blinds
- Well stitched with reinforcements throughout
Farm/Work Harness Upgrade Options include: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below – the words in brown are links – and then add the upgrade to your cart.)
- To upgrade the black powder coated hames to stainless steel or wooden hames – For the Mini/Pony Size go here: Upgrade #58 Pony Hame. For the Standard or draft size go here: Upgrade to Stainless
- Collar is not included with this harness. You can find all our collars here:Collars
- If you wish to add spots to your harness please add this upgrade to your cart: Add round spots to work harness
- If you need a single cart hook up for your work harness add this product to your cart: Single Cart Hook Up
- You can purchase a set of single horse driving lines here: Driving Lines
PLEASE NOTE: A COLLAR DOES NOT COME WITH THIS HARNESS. YOU MUST HAVE A COLLAR TO USE THIS HARNESS. YOU CAN’T USE THIS HARNESS WITH A BREAST COLLAR.
Measuring For Your Harness
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
Blog Articles that Pertain to This Harness
The Farm/Work Harness
Just how do you put on a Farm/Work style harness? The Farm/Work Style harness is [...]
How to Measure Bridle Cheeks
Sometimes, the bridle cheeks you get with your bridle are too long. Sometimes, they are [...]
What Exactly Do the Sizes Mean on Our Size Charts?
We have been updating the website and adding size charts to most of the products [...]
Why a collar and hames?
Weekly, I discuss harness option with people. I always ask what it is they are [...]
WHY a Donkey Harness?
So, you have a donkey and are shopping for harness. There are so many options [...]
Tuesday Tip – NEW How to Measure Video!
We understand how nerve wracking it can be to measure your horse, pony, donkey, mule [...]
Which Harness Should I Choose?
We often get this question. I have written blog posts about this in the past [...]
Tuesday Tip – The Carefree Lining
I have heard some people voice a concern about the carefree lining. Because it has [...]
Let’s Discuss Materials!
If you have ever handled one of our harnesses you will know they are soft [...]
Tuesday Tip – Cleaning Your Synthetic Harness
There are a few ways you can clean your synthetic harness: Put it in the [...]
Tuesday Tip – Harness Keepers
You know those nice little keepers you find on any of our harness? They contain [...]
Just What is a Farm / Work Harness?
Harness for horses and other work animals are designed to fit the job for which [...]
Which Harness Do I Need for What I’m doing and How Do I Figure it Out?
“Which harness do I need?” is the first question you should be asking yourself when [...]