**THIS COLLAR IS NEVER MEANT TO REPLACE THE COLLAR AND HAMES. THIS COLLAR IS NEVER MEANT TO BE USED WITH A LOW LINE OF DRAFT!!!
The SuperFlex Collar (sometimes referred to as a Euro Collar Style) is made for use with traditional style pleasure or buggy harness.
The SuperFlex is similar to the Comfy Collar. It combines the functions of a neck collar and a breast collar to distribute the weight of the load across the neck and shoulders of the animal. The horse is able to push with its hindquarters as well as pulling with its shoulders in comfort. Hames are not used with the SuperFlex Collar because the upper section is not stuffed, so it flexes to accommodate the shape of the animal wearing it. Super comfortable!
The SuperFlex is the “sport” option when comparing it to the Comfy Collar. The Comfy Collar is the “show” option. The Comfy Collar will perfectly match the Comfy Fit Harness and is a little stiffer. The SuperFlex is a shiny option and is much softer.
Sizes 10″ – 29″. When ordering, if your equine is between measurements, size up.
Why do I have to measure for this breast collar? Why aren’t they sized by animal size?
You must measure for this style of breast collar because it wraps around the equine’s neck. Minis that are 32″ tall can measure anywhere from 10″ to 13″ in their neck size. Believe me when I say 3″ makes a HUGE difference! You simply MUST measure when purchasing a collar of this type. If you don’t want to measure please look at the Standard Curve Breast Collar or the Deluxe Style Breast Collar.
The SuperFlex collar is designed to be attached to the traces with a clip in the same way that traces are often attached to hames. If you want to use this breast collar with buckle in traces you’ll need to order the buckle adapter found here --> Buckle In Trace Adapter.
Superflex collars are not recommended for use without a martingale.
Superflex collars are not recommended for heavy pulling, such as logging or plowing.
Superflex collars are not recommended for vehicles with a low line of draft or for pulling very heavy vehicles.
SuperFlex Collar Features:
- Made from industrial PVC belting – extremely strong and virtually indestructible
- All components are non-absorbent which allows for very low maintenance – threads don’t rot because moisture/urine/mud/sweat are not absorbed.
- To clean, wash it off with water – soap if needed but nothing else. If you put oils, etc. on this collar, you just have to wash it off so it won’t attract dirt!
- Extra soft padding
- Stainless hardware
- Cut to allow room for ease of shoulder movement
Black with black carefree lining ONLY!!
- Attach traces with a snaps or 7/8″ trace clips. Or you can get the buckle adapter for buckle in traces: Buckle Adapter
- Please be aware – this collar is very SOFT. It is not meant to pull a lot of weight. Mindy notes: “This collar works best for ponies pulling less than 250 pounds TOTAL, that includes the vehicle and the person in the vehicle. If you are pulling heavier weight than that please take a look at the Comfy Collar.” This collar is NOT FOR A LOW LINE OF DRAFT!!! No breast collar is. If you have a low line of draft you WILL need a collar and hames. Blog about using a euro style breast collar: When can you use a Euro Style Collar?
Upgrade Options: (To select this upgrades you must click on the link and then add the upgrade to your cart.)
If you do not measure we will NOT guarantee fit!!!! If you do not measure we will not return OR exchange this product.
We accept returns of like new, in-stock merchandise within 30 days of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. Special order items are not returnable! This includes brass hardware, colored straps, and anything else listed in product descriptions as custom or special order.
Please review our full return policy on the FAQ & policies page.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
Superflex collars should be more snug than a collar and hames style collar. If there is gaping along the shoulder, the collar is too big for your horse. It should lay flat at all times when the horse is in draft.