There are a few ways you can clean your synthetic harness:
- Put it in the dishwasher!
- Take it in the shower with you!
- Run a hose over it!
- Or wash it by hand with warm soapy water in the sink. This is how I usually wash mine!
A few things NOT to do:
- Do not rub it down with leather conditioner. Conditioners are usually organic and they can cause your straps to mold. The synthetic straps will never mold because they are NOT organic.
- Spray the material with anything that will be caustic to your horse or pony. Sometimes we want our straps to really shine but using something that is not supposed to get on your skin will NOT be good for your equine, as the straps will be on their skin.
- Do not rub the straps down with WD40. This is not good for the stitching!
When putting your harness in the dishwasher just lay it on the racks and run the dishwasher as you normally would. It’s not necessary to run it through the drying phase.
Taking it in the shower is self explanatory… no pictures needed! LOL!
Here is a video of how I washed my MaraFUN harness when it’s not freezing and snowy. This is a fast wash:
When I want to do a deep clean I take every single piece apart:
And then I hand wash it in the sink:
I love the synthetic strapping and the carefree lining! It washes up so nice:
How do you wash your synthetic harness?
2 thoughts on “Tuesday Tip – Cleaning Your Synthetic Harness”
I put it in a pillow protector and wash it inthe washing machine
This is an excellent idea! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂 Mindy~