The Brodhead #84 Synthetic Field/Work collar is a wonderful option made very similarly to the very popular #16 Work/Field Collar. Like all of our Collars, the #84 Field/Work Collar is American made. Made individually, using traditional methods and equipment and modern materials.
The material is lighter weight than leather, looks like leather and washes with soap and water. Like our other synthetic collars (Carefree and FeatherFlex by Countryside), the Brodhead synthetic collars are completely non absorbent, don’t fade, mold, mildew or stretch. The filling remains dry and does not develop and mildew. Brodhead has manufactured collars for more than 35 years and their work is truly excellent.
This is one of the best field collars available. This is an extremely popular work/field collar style, and has an extra heavy leather collar cap with an average draft of 18″.
Available in sizes 16″ – 32″ and shaped to fit Horses, Donkeys or Mules.
Available in Full Face, Half-Sweeny or Full Sweeny, or Mule/Donkey.
Your choice buckle and strap, lever type fastener OR adjustable neck (for the adjustable neck, select the size you want for the middle of the 3″ range for the collar size.)
Please see this blog for information about what to do once you receive your collar: What to do after you receive your collar?
We accept returns of like new, in-stock merchandise within 30 days of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. Special order items are not returnable! This includes brass hardware, colored straps, and anything else listed in product descriptions as custom or special order.
Please review our full return policy on the FAQ & policies page.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the ‘sweeny’ for the collar.
- Average, straight necks (thoroughbreds and standardbreds) are FULL FACE.
- Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top (quarter horses, fjords, halflingers, and most average drafts) are HALF SWEENY.
Feel free to call our HARNESS HOTLINE at 1-224-HARNESS with any questions!
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform!