The All Purpose collar is designed specifically for minis (horses/donkeys/mules) and small ponies.
It is downsized both in size and in diameter to better sit back against the smaller equine’s shoulders, allowing them to really push into the load they are pulling.
The rim is smaller as well, allowing for a more flush fit against the mini and small pony’s neck. The closure at the top is the lever style Patent Fastener for ease of use.
This is an All Purpose collar is available with a standard neck or with the No Choke option which allows for more space at the bottom of the collar. The No Choke style has no stuffing at the very bottom of the collar which allows for better clearance for the airway. This is especially useful for an animal is most comfortable when going with their head and neck low and forward. Wear leathers and well stitched outseam.
Color: Black, matte finished.
If you want a leather collar please indicate by choosing 9L in the drop down menu.
If you want synthetic please indicate by choosing 9S in the drop down menu.
And, did we say the Pony Princess loves this collar? It is not only the right collar for the job, it’s beautiful as well. Here is a link to the hames shown paired with this collar: Hames with short tugs
We accept returns of like new, in-stock merchandise within 30 days of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. Special order items are not returnable! This includes brass hardware, colored straps, and anything else listed in product descriptions as custom or special order.
Please review our full return policy on the FAQ & policies page.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the ‘sweeny’ for the collar.
- Average, straight necks (thoroughbreds and standardbreds) are FULL FACE.
- Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top (quarter horses, fjords, halflingers, and most average drafts) are HALF SWEENY.