Like all of our Collars, the #16 Field Collar is American made. Made individually, using traditional methods and equipment. This collar is made with a high quality full grain leather. This is one of the best field collars available. This is an extremely popular work collar and has been for many years.
It has a double, stitched and leather laced outseam, and a leather laced inseam for longer wear. It also has an extra heavy leather collar cap and an average draft of 18″.
Also available with an adjustable collar cap which allows for sizes in increments of 3″, i.e. 21-22-23″. Collars are an important investment and we are glad to offer the adjustable cap at no extra charge.
Closures include your choice of Buckle and Strap or Patent Fastener. Available in black or russet leather.
Sizes 16 – 32″ shaped to fit horses or donkey/mules, just specify when you order. Available in Full Sweeny, Half Sweeny or Full Face or Mule/Donkey.
Most sizes are kept in stock.
The number 16 collar can also be made with a patent leather rim and back. Please call for prices and ordering for patent leather collars and allow 3 weeks.
Please see this blog for information about what to do once you receive your collar: What to do after you receive your collar?
We accept returns of like new, in-stock merchandise within 30 days of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. Special order items are not returnable! This includes brass hardware, colored straps, and anything else listed in product descriptions as custom or special order.
Please review our full return policy on the FAQ & policies page.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the ‘sweeny’ for the collar.
- Average, straight necks (thoroughbreds and standardbreds) are FULL FACE.
- Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top (quarter horses, fjords, halflingers, and most average drafts) are HALF SWEENY.
Blog Articles that Pertain to Our Collars
Feel free to call our HARNESS HOTLINE at 1-224-HARNESS with any questions!
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform!