You’ve found it! ComfyFit is the pleasure or sport harness you’ve been looking for!
**Please PLEASE read all the way to the bottom of this description!!
It is packed with information about this harness.
This is our well-loved, best-selling, most comfortable harness, specially designed with both the drivers and your animal’s comfort in mind. We spent years developing and tailoring this harness based on feedback from experienced drivers and trainers and working with animals of all kinds and sizes. The ComfyFit Harness is designed for comfort, durability, and ease of use. Whether you choose our standard configuration, or want to upgrade your new harness with one of our many options, we know you will be thrilled with the quality!
The ComfyFit Harness is made of an extra durable synthetic material and are padded with an extra soft pebble leather or a soft comfort vinyl that is wrapped around a soft layer of closed cell foam. Harnesses are sewn with heavy nylon thread and a lock stitch.
As always, this harness is American made by craftsmen using traditional methods and contemporary materials. Our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform.
Items marked “upgrade product” may be purchased in conjunction with your complete harness purchase only.
The Standard Curve or Deluxe Breast collar are the two standard options. You can upgrade to the Comfy Collar or a collar hames as well!
When you order a ComfyFit Harness set, which is what this product is, you will get:
- the bridle
- the breast collar
- the neck strap
- the traces
- the neck connector strap
- the false martingale
- the saddle
- the turn back strap
- the breeching
- the hold back straps
- the girth
- and driving lines!
- If you order the CareFree Lining you will get a free harness bag. The Leather Lining harness does not come with a free harness bag.
Standard ComfyFit Harness configuration includes:
- Much of this harness has a matte finish. (please see below for more information about what this means!)
- Stainless steel hardware
- Curved breast collar or deluxe breast collar (collar and hames style is available in the upgrades listed below)
- Combo end traces
- Bridles with:
- Upright Oval spotted brow band
- Shaped crown
- Rounded, flexible blinds
- Integrated nose band (Bitless bridles will be in the upgrades)
- Extra soft padding – your choice of black leather or black carefree lining.
- Adjustable neck turrets
- Extended saddle padding
- Standard tug loops
- Brown smooth beta lines, unless another color is specified. Choosing black for the harness color WILL NOT CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE DRIVING LINES!!!! If you want black driving lines you need to tell us that in the notes section of your invoice!!!!!
- Brow band options are in the gallery section of the product picture
ComfyFit Harness Upgrade Options include: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart. These upgrades can ONLY be purchased when purchasing a harness set. Options without clickable links can be selected in the drop-down menus above.)
- Collar and Hames
- Treeless ComfyFit Saddle
- Comfy Collar
- Quick release shaft loops
- Different decorations on the brow band (no extra charge)
- Super-grip, English web lines (no extra charge)
- Teardrops and ornaments are available on various parts, please order them separately.
- Add Pair Ds to the breast collar so you can later use this harness set as a pairs or team harness. **PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT choose the PAIR option in the drop down menu unless you want TWO harnesses!!!! If you are ordering a single harness and need the pair ds then please click on the words Add Pair Ds, then add that to your cart.
- Open Cheeks – Though these blinders ARE removable you have to change the entire cheek to turn this bridle into an open bridle. You can see a video of how to do that here:
**This harness style is stocked in STANDARD Mini A, Mini B, Mini C, Shetland and Pony sizes as well as Cob, Horse and Large horse sizes with black leather padding or black carefree padding and stainless steel hardware. Standard options can ship quickly.
Draft horse sizes are always made to order.
Please choose your brow band design from the picture in the gallery and indicate it’s corresponding number in the options customer notes as you check out
In stock brow bands are:
- Plain 3080PL and 5070PL
- Upright Ovals 3080O and 5070O
More about the material used in the ComfyFit harness:
- Most of this harness will be matte finish. This means that the straps are not shiny, but it doesn’t mean there won’t be a bit of a sheen to them.
- Some of the harness will have shiny parts. That is due to the materials used to make that part of the harness. For instance the shaft loops will be a bit shinier than the turn back straps or the hold back straps. The traces will have more a shine than the other straps. Parts of the saddle are a bit shinier than the straps. On the bridle, the blinders will be shinier than the straps as well.
- Below, in the blogs that show up at the bottom of this product, you will see a blog called “Let’s Discuss Materials“. This blog will show you the synthetic straps used in the building of our harness. There is also a video in that blog. You will see how the newer style soft strap, which is used in the making of the ComfyFit harness, has a bit of a sheen to it, much more than our old soft strap.
- Also, keep in mind. our matte finish may look different in person than other harness makers. If you receive our ComfyFit harness and are not 100% pleased with your purchase we will take the unused harness back and give you a full refund. We understand that sometimes people have a vision of what they are getting and the real harness may not match that. We don’t want anyone disappointed with our product and stand behind our harnesses (ALL of them!) 100%.
- Thank you for understanding that the synthetic materials used are sometimes matte and sometimes a little shiny, but always quality!
If you have any additional questions about what to choose for your harness please take a look at this blog: Ordering a Harness
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
**We ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
How to Choose Your Size:
When you select your equines size from the down-down menu above, refer to these sizing charts below to select the proper category for your equine – VSE, Horse, or Draft.
The size of the equine also decides the width of the strapping. If you have an “inbetweener” size pony or small horse we do have an option of the Large pony width strap. Please indicate the width of strap you would like in the Notes section during check out. Our strap widths are below:
Here is a blog about why you need to let us know if you are driving a donkey or mule: Why a Donkey Harness?
Here are the different blinder sizes for our ComfyFit Bridles: