This harness is the Standard Chimacum Tack Farm/Work harness – for Donkeys and Mules of all sizes! Chimacum Tack’s Farm/Work Harness is American made by skilled craftsmen, using traditional methods and contemporary materials. Each harness is handmade with top quality materials and attention to detail. Built for strength and durability, our work harness is ready for whatever work you have in mind. This harness is designed and guaranteed to fit well. We have sold this harness for more than 20 years without any reported problems.
Be aware that though similar to the work harness for larger animals, the farm/work harness in the mini/small donkey/mule size has been designed specifically for smaller animals.
Donkey and Mule size Only.
If you would like this harness in horse sizes from mini to draft please go to the Farm/Work Harness for Horses!
Farm/Work Harness Includes:
- The Bridle with Side Check
- The Hames which are connected to; the Traces, Back strap with girth, turn back strap, hip straps (spider) and breeching with hold back straps
- The Driving Lines IN Brahma web –(upgrade to SuperGrip Lines available)
- DOES NOT INCLUDE A CRUPPER.You can add those to your order here: Snap on Crupper for Farm/Work Harness
Farm/Work Harness Features:
- Stainless Steel hardware
- Materials: Brahma Web, (matte) or Nylon *We do recommend Brahma web for durability and ease of maintenance
- Harness is sold as a pair or a single. If you want half of a set rather than a single, please indicate that when ordering in the optional customer comments when you click “go to check out”. The half set will NOT come with shaft loops or driving lines!
- Black powder coated steel #520 farm hames
- Bridles available with round, square, or pigeon wing blinds
- Well stitched with reinforcements throughout
Farm/Work Harness Upgrade Options include: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart.)
- To upgrade the black powder coated hames to stainless steel or wooden hames – For the Mini/Pony Size go here: Upgrade #58 Pony Hame. For the Standard or draft size go here: Upgrade to Stainless
- Collar is not included with this harness. You can find all our collars here:Collars
- If you wish to add spots to your harness please add this upgrade to your cart: Add round spots to work harness
- If you need a single cart hook up for your work harness add this product to your cart: Single Cart Hook Up
- You can purchase a set of single horse driving lines here: Driving Lines
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
**We ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!