Chimacum Tack’s Farm Work Harness is American made by skilled craftsmen, using traditional methods and contemporary materials. Each harness is handmade with top quality materials and attention to detail. Built for strength and durability, our work harness is ready for whatever work you have in mind. This harness is designed and guaranteed to fit well. We have sold this harness for more than 20 years without any reported problems.
Hardware is available in Stainless (standard) Brass may be available please ask if needed. Brass is not stocked and is not returnable.
- Stainless Steel hardware
- Materials: Bioplastic (shiny) Brahma Web, (matte) or Nylon.
- We do recommend bioplastic or Brahma web for durability and ease of maintenance.
- Harness is sold as a pair or a single. If you want half of a set rather than a single, please indicate that when ordering in the customer comments.
- Black powder coated steel #520 farm hames.
- If you would like to upgrade your farm hames to Wooden or Stainless please follow this link.
- Bridles available with round, square, or pigeon wing blinds.
- Well stitched with reinforcements throughout.
- Complete with hip drops and tie straps.
- Two strap breeching.
- Standard farm harness does not include cruppers which are available as an option on request.
- Smooth Brahma Web or Bioplastic lines
- If you wish to upgrade the lines to SuperFlex, please purchase the upgrade here.
Work Harness Options:
- Hames upgrade to stainless steel or wooden hames, please purchase the hames upgrade package.
- We suggest you consider the CareFree or FeatherFlex Collars for use with this harness. Of course, the Brodhead leather collars are an excellent choice as well.
Chimacum Tack Farm/Work Harness is offered here in sizes from large pony to large draft for horses, donkeys, and mules. Each size harness is proportioned and detailed for the specific needs and size of the animal using it. Farm Work harness for Minis and Ponies is available separately.
If you wish to add spots to your harness please purchase the option here.
- Please order by SIZE CATEGORY: Pony Horse, Draft.
- Then provide measurements and information about your equine so we can send the right size harness.
- Please use the measurement form provided.
- Information for how to measure for harness is available here.
- Categories include:
- Pony: Large Pony, Large Donkey or Standard Mule
- Horse: Cob, Halflinger, Fjord, Gypsy, Horse, Large Horse, Mule
- Draft: Mammoth Mule, Draft, Large Draft.
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform.