Here is our Farm/Work Harness designed and sized just right for the minis all the way through to the draft horses. Be aware that the mini sized Farm/Work harness has been sized down just for them and will have a few small difference, such as the snaps used due to the smaller size. All of our harness is proportioned and designed for the type of animal for which it is intended.
Each Chimacum Tack Farm/Work Harness is American made by skilled craftsmen using traditional methods and contemporary materials. We have used exclusively the same harness shop for more than 28 years. We are proud of Chimacum Tack harness and stand behind it. We would be glad to stand in front of it as well! Each harness is handmade with top quality materials and attention to detail. Built for strength and durability.
CT Farm/Work Harness is ready for whatever work you have in mind. Our harness is designed and guaranteed to fit well. Many Chimacum Tack harnesses made in the mid-1990s are still in use and in good condition.
Farm/Work Style Harness Standard features:
- Stainless steel hardware
- Materials: Brahma Web, (matte) or Nylon. If you are using this for hard work we suggest choosing the Brahma Web option as the material will hold up better under the dirty sweaty conditions of a working horse.
- Harness is sold as a pair or a single
- Black powder coated steel #520 farm hames
- Bridles available with pigeon wing or square blinds
- Well stitched with reinforcements throughout
- Complete with hip drops and tie straps
- Two strap breeching
- Smooth Brahma Web or Soft Strap lines – if you wish to upgrade the lines to SuperGrip, please purchase the upgrade here
- Your choice of Single, Pair or Half Set harness – half set harness does not include shaft loops or lines as it is designed to be used as part of a set
Farm/Work Harness Upgrade Options include: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart.)
- To upgrade the black powder coated hames to stainless steel or wooden hames – For the Mini/Pony Size go here: Upgrade #58 Pony Hame. For the Standard or draft size go here: Upgrade to Stainless
- We suggest you consider the CareFree or FeatherFlex Collars for use with this harness. Of course, the Brodhead leather collars are an excellent choice as well. Collar is not included with this harness. You can find all our collars here: Collars
- If you wish to add spots to your harness please add this upgrade to your cart: Add round spots to work harness
- If you need a single cart hook up for your work harness add this product to your cart: Single Cart Hook Up
- You can purchase a set of single horse driving lines here: Driving Lines
PLEASE NOTE: A COLLAR DOES NOT COME WITH THIS HARNESS. YOU MUST HAVE A COLLAR TO USE THIS HARNESS. YOU CAN’T USE THIS HARNESS WITH A BREAST COLLAR.
Measuring For Your Harness
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.