Chimacum Tack Farm/Work Harness is American made by skilled craftsmen using traditional methods and contemporary materials. We have used exclusively the same harness shop for more than 25 years. We are proud of Chimacum Tack harness and stand behind it. We would be glad to stand in front of it as well! Each harness is handmade with top quality materials and attention to detail. Built for strength and durability.
CT Farm Work harness is ready for whatever work you have in mind. Our harness is designed and guaranteed to fit well. Many Chimacum Tack harnesses made in the mid-1990s are still in use and in good condition.
Farm/Work Harness designed and scaled for Miniature Horses and Small Ponies.
Designed for miniature horses and small ponies, this farm-work harness is proportioned exactly to suit your animals.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure video on our Size Chart page. We ask that you watch this video before you order. On that page is a link to a PDF measuring chart, with instructions printed on it, that you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave.
**Also we ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
Hardware is available in Stainless (standard) or Brass (not in stock, please allow 3 weeks). Brass harness is guaranteed but is not returnable.
Farm/Work Style Harness Standard features:
- Stainless steel hardware
- Materials: Bioplastic (shiny) or Brahma Web, (matte) Please note that the BioPlastic is known to trap heat and can cause heat scalding. So if this is a harness that will be on a sweaty pony, we highly suggest choosing the Brahma Web.
- Harness is sold as a pair or a single
- Black powder coated or stainless steel hames
- Bridles available with pigeon wing or square blinds
- Well stitched with reinforcements throughout
- Complete with hip drops and tie straps
- Spots: Your choice of medium round or no spots
- Two strap breeching
- Standard farm harness does not include cruppers which are available as an option on request.
- Smooth Brahma Web or Soft Strap lines
- If you wish to upgrade the lines to SuperGrip, please purchase the upgrade here.
- Collars are sold separately. Please measure carefully for your collars. Feel free to call with questions. Instructions on how to measure for a collar are shown in the How to Measure For a Horse Harness video on the Size Chart page.
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform.