Like all of our collars, FeatherFlex Work/Field Collars are American made. Made individually, using traditional methods and equipment (but with contemporary materials), these collars make your work easier! FeatherFlex collars are made in the USA, from a relatively new, synthetic, heavy duty, but lighter weight sheeting. It’s an incredibly tough material. Rims are filled with tangled straw for flexibility. Collars are stuffed with tangled wheat straw. Semi-gloss, tough as nails finish, they’re very nice looking. These have been tested in everyday use in all weather.
FeatherFlex draft work/field collars come in sizes 18″ – 30″, half sweeny only with patent fasteners. Beautiful semi-gloss black.
These FeatherFlex draft collars are also available with adjustable collar caps. Because collars are an important investment, we are glad to offer the adjustable collars at no extra charge.
FOR ADJUSTABLE SIZE COLLARS PLEASE SELECT THE SIZE YOU’D LIKE TO BE THE MIDDLE OF THE SIZE RANGE.
These collars are hard to keep in stock!
What are FeatherFlex Collars? Why don’t I know about them?
These are the newest of the Carefree Collars. The answer is they are Chimacum Tack’s favorite new collars! Made by Countryside, FeatherFlex collars are the result of several years of planning, gathering materials, and figuring out how to have the materials work properly to make fabulous synthetic neck collars. We have been proud to work with Countryside over the past 25 years. These new collars are a noteworthy achievement and we are proud to add them to our Chimacum Tack and Comfy Fit products.
Countryside stays busy keeping up with the demand for these new collars. Here are some of the reasons we love them:
- Use with or without a pad
- No oiling
- Rinse off with water
- No rotting
- Rust-free hardware
- Will NOT absorb sweat, mud, creek water, urine, etc.
- No leather
- Very tough and durable
- Lighter weight
- Long lasting
- Extensively tested in everyday use
- Molded caps
- Less expensive than leather collars
We accept returns of like new, in-stock merchandise within 30 days of purchase unless other arrangements have been made. Special order items are not returnable! This includes brass hardware, colored straps, and anything else listed in product descriptions as custom or special order.
Please review our full return policy on the FAQ & policies page.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the ‘sweeny’ for the collar.
- Average, straight necks (thoroughbreds and standardbreds) are FULL FACE.
- Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top (quarter horses, fjords, halflingers, and most average drafts) are HALF SWEENY.
Blog Articles that Pertain to Our Collars
Feel free to call our HARNESS HOTLINE at 1-224-HARNESS with any questions!
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform!