Comfy Fit Harness may be used with hames and short tugs.
- This set comes complete with stainless steel hames,
- hame straps and
- short tugs. Short tugs are the the part that allows your buckle in Comfy Fit traces to buckle onto the hames.
- These hames are 16″ hames. They are the heavy duty style and DO NOT have the loose rein turrets.
Please measure carefully for your collar size, then order the same size hames.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the (sweeny) for the collar. Average, straight necks, i.e. thoroughbred, standardbred are FULL FACE. Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top, i.e. quarter horse, fjord, halflinger, most average drafts are HALF SWEENY. Necks that are heavy and thick all the way up are FULL SWEENY. Mules and Donkeys have their own special shaped collars. Their necks are flatter on the sides and more straight than horses.
If you are unsure or have other questions please feel free to just call Janie at 360 301 1317. She answers from 8am to 8pm pacific time every day and will return your call if she can’t answer when you call.