Comfy Fit Harness may be used with hames and short tugs.
- This set comes complete with stainless steel hames,
- hame straps and
- short tugs. Short tugs are the the part that allows your buckle in Comfy Fit traces to buckle onto the hames.
COLLARS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY.
- These Hames/shsort tugs are available in sizes from 11″ to 22″.
- Buggy hames are made to fit the same measurement as your collar, they are not adjustable.
** Please note: When you purchase a set of hames from us, ordering 1 will get you ONE set of hames, for ONE horse or pony. If you need a set for a pair then you need to order 2!!
Please measure carefully for your collar size, then order the same size hames.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the (sweeny) for the collar. Average, straight necks, i.e. thoroughbred, standardbred are FULL FACE. Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top, i.e. quarter horse, fjord, halflinger, most average drafts are HALF SWEENY. Necks that are heavy and thick all the way up are FULL SWEENY. Mules and Donkeys have their own special shaped collars. Their necks are flatter on the sides and more straight than horses.