**Please read all the way to the bottom of this description!!
It is packed with information about this harness.
The all-new MaraFun Harness is the newest, hottest harness made by Countryside! And here it is for available for Micro Mini Horses/Donkeys/Mules the under 30″ inches crowd! Comfortable, durable, designed to fit!
The MaraFun harness, is the updated version of the original Chimacum Tack traditional mini/small pony harness. Made with a variety of synthetic materials, it is easy to use, comfortable for the animal, virtually indestructible. It is made with the same care and attention to detail it has been made with since 1993. American made using traditional skills and contemporary materials.
We worked closely with Countryside, and several customers, for months getting the proportions and the materials just right. Almost no one made VSE harness then; almost no one had experience in fitting Minis. Just getting the fit exactly right was a chore! We redesigned, refit and refined until everyone was happy. We did the same for the mini donkey/mule sizing. The result has been that Chimacum Tack VSE (mini-Small Pony) harness truly fits! It has fit consistently well, right out of the box, for more than 22 years. As all of our other harness, the Marafun is guaranteed to fit and perform.
The Marafun harness brings tradition into the 21st century. The flash is up to you: Make any part of this harness any color you’d like (with the exception of a few wide places that will need to be black due to materials used). Go wild! Have fun dreaming up what you want!
This harness is for Micro Minis only – this includes mini horses, donkeys and mules under 30″ tall.
Standard Micro Marafun Harness Features:
- Bridle can be used with or without a side check
- Bridle can have blinds or open cheeks
- Breast collar and traces are sewn together – one piece from end to end
- You have a choice of the regular straight breast collar OR a collar and hames. Hames come with the harness set, the collar DOES NOT COME WITH IT! You must order that separately here: Buggy Collars available 11-13″ Sold Separately. Here is a link to our favorite.
- Well padded, flexible saddle with wide, well shaped gullet – flexes to fit your mini
- All strapping, except traces, is soft strap which is soft and durable.
- lines are 5/8″ wide smooth betathane, Supergrip hand parts are optional
- All straps, except for traces, can be colored as can the harness pads. Traces are available in BLACK ONLY.
- Flat surfaces, i.e. saddle, breeching, breast collar must be black
Follow this link to see how the strap colors match the vinyl colors. Pads are marine grade vinyl with closed cell foam padding.
MaraFun Harness Upgrade Options include: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart.)
- Buckle in traces, with the regular straight style breast collar.
- Deluxe or Standard Curve Breast Collar.
- ComfyFit Bridle.
NOTE! The harness in the main photo of this product is a combination of the MaraFUN and the ComfyFit harness. That harness has the Deluxe Style breast collar and the ComfyFit bridle with open cheeks and has Hurricane Blue straps.
This harness is NOT in stock and NOT returnable. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery.
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
**We ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
Here is a blog about why you need to let us know if you are driving a donkey or mule: Why a Donkey Harness?