Chimacum Tack Parade Harness is American made by talented craftsmen using time-honored methods and top quality modern materials. These are same craftsmen who have made all of our harness for more than twenty years. Attention is paid to every detail to be sure you receive a well-made, beautiful harness, that will serve you well for many years.
CT Parade Harness for donkeys and mules is a flashy, well-made harness – strong enough for work and pretty enough for parades. We guarantee it to fit and perform. Some of our parade harnesses are still being used regularly, looking new after 20 years or more.
**WE REALIZE THE COLLAR PADS ON THIS HARNESS ARE UPSIDE DOWN… WE JUST CAN’T RESIST SHOWING YOU THESE BEAUTIFUL WHITE MULES.
Standard Parade Harness Features include:
- Three strap breeching with scalloped spider (on the big donkey/mule size), shaped and decorated traces, tie straps and hip drops. The mini size spider is a little different, sized for their smaller frame
- Medium spots or diamond spots are standard; full spots optional
- You may have your harness in Bioplastic (shiny) or made with Brahma Web (matte)
- Black Powder Coated Hames or Polished Stainless Steel Hames
- Bridles are available with your choice of Round, Square, or Pigeon Wing blinds
- Parade harness includes stainless steel bits and chain ends
- Smooth Brahma Web or Bioplastic lines
- Be aware that the BioPlastic material is very stiff and is known to trap heat. This can cause heat scalding on your animal. We don’t recommend the BioPlastic option for anything other than parade and show harness. If you are going to have this harness on your animal for hard, sweaty work then we highly suggest choosing the Brahma Web option.
When ordering this harness with the diamond spots the ONLY blinders these decorations can be applied to are the square blinders. So this harness is in stock with diamonds and SQUARE blinders.
When ordering this harness with the round spots the round blinders are in stock. The square blinders or Pigeon wing blinders are custom and will take up to 8 weeks to complete.
Here is a link to a blog that shows the difference between the blinders: What do the different blinder types look like?
Parade Harness Upgrade Options Available: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart. These upgrades can ONLY be purchased when purchasing a harness set. Options without clickable links can be selected in the drop-down menus above.)
- We suggest you consider the CareFree or FeatherFlex Collars for use with this harness. Of course, the Brodhead leather collars are an excellent choice as well. Collar is not included with this harness. You can find all our collars here: Collars
- If you need a single cart hook up for your work harness add this product to your cart: Single Cart Hook Up
- You can purchase a set of single horse driving lines here: Driving Lines
- Standard Parade Harness does not include cruppers. You can add those to your order here: Snap on Crupper for Farm/Work Harness
Each size is proportioned and detailed for the specific needs and size of the animal using it. Please select the appropriate size from the size category options when ordering.
This harness in Brahma web with the stainless steel hardware is in stock!
We are proud of Chimacum Tack harness and we stand behind it. (We would even stand in front of it! )
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
**We ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
Here is a blog about why you need to let us know if you are driving a donkey or mule: Why a Donkey Harness?