Chimacum Tack Parade Harness is American made by talented craftsmen using time-honored methods and top quality modern materials. They are the same craftsmen who have made all of our harness for more than twenty years. Attention is paid to details to be sure you receive a well-made, beautiful harness which will serve you well for many years. Our Parade Harness is flashy, strong enough for work and pretty enough for parades. We guarantee it to fit and perform. Many of our Chimacum Tack harnesses are in regular use and looking and performing well after 20 years.
COLLARS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS HARNESS!!!
Horse and Draft Parade Harness Features include:
- Three strap breeching with scalloped spider (for the big horses), shaped and decorated traces, tie straps and hip drops. The mini spider is not scalloped but shaped to fit their smaller frame.
- Medium spots are standard; full spots are optional
- Your choice of round or diamond spots
- You may choose to have your harness shiny made with bioplastic or matte made with Brahma Webb. Be aware that the BioPlastic material is very stiff and is known to trap heat. This can cause heat scalding on your animal. We don’t recommend the BioPlastic option for anything other than parade and show harness. If you are going to have this harness on your animal for hard, sweaty work then we highly suggest choosing the Brahma Web option.
- Please choose black powder coated hames or polished stainless steel hames
- Bridles are available with your choice of round, square or pigeon wing blinds
- Parade harness includes stainless steel bits and chain ends
- Smooth Brahma Web or Bioplastic lines
Miniature Horse Parade Harness Features include:
- Stainless hames are included
- The mini spider is not scalloped but shaped to fit their smaller frame
- Bridles convertible from side check or no check at all
- Your choice of material: BioPlastic (shiny patent look) or Brahma Web (Matte Finish) – please note the BioPlastic can trap heat and cause heat scalding on your horse
- Hip drops and tie straps are included
- Plenty of spots add bling without being overpowering
Parade Harness Upgrade Options Available: (To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart. These upgrades can ONLY be purchased when purchasing a harness set. Options without clickable links can be selected in the drop-down menus above.)
- We suggest you consider the CareFree or FeatherFlex Collars for use with this harness. Of course, the Brodhead leather collars are an excellent choice as well. Collar is not included with this harness. You can find all our collars here: Collars
- We suggest you use the Collars designed for Small Ponies and Minis for the mini sized parade harness. You can find that here: Mini All Purpose Collar
- If you need a single cart hook up for your work harness add this product to your cart: Single Cart Hook Up
- You can purchase a set of single horse driving lines here: Driving Lines
- Standard Parade Harness does not include cruppers. You can add those to your order here: Snap on Crupper for Farm/Work Harness
Chimacum Tack Parade Harness comes in sizes from miniature horse to large draft. Each size harness is proportioned and detailed for the specific needs and size of the animal using it. Please select the appropriate size from the size category options when ordering.
We are proud of Chimacum Tack harness and stand behind it. (We would even stand in front of it!)
title style=”center” text=”Measuring For Your Harness”]
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
**We ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
Here is a blog about why you need to let us know if you are driving a donkey or mule: Why a Donkey Harness?