Chimacum Tack Parade Harness is American made by talented craftsmen using time-honored methods and top quality modern materials. They are the same craftsmen who have made all of our harness for more than twenty years. Attention is paid to details to be sure you receive a well-made, beautiful harness which will serve you well for many years. Our parade harness is flashy: strong enough for work and pretty enough for parades. We guarantee it to fit and perform. Many of our Chimacum Tack harnesses are in regular use and looking and performing well after 20 years.
Parade Harness Features include:
- Three strap breeching with scalloped spider, shaped and decorated traces, tie straps and hip drops.
- Medium spots are standard; full spots are optional.
- Your choice of round or diamond spots.
- You may choose to have your harness shiny made with bioplastic or matte made with Brahma Webb.
- Please choose black powder coated hames or polished stainless steel hames.
- Bridles are available with your choice of round, square or pigeon wing blinds.
- Parade harness includes stainless steel bits and chain ends.
- Collars are not included with your harness but are sold separately. You can see the collar options HERE.
- Cruppers are not standard with parade harness but we will include them on request. Please be sure to let us know. You can include this request in the Notes box when you are placing your order.
- Smooth Brahma Web or Bioplastic lines
- If you wish to upgrade the lines to SuperFlex, please purchase the upgrade here.
- Be aware that the BioPlastic material is very stiff and is known to trap heat. This can cause heat scalding on your animal. We don’t recommend the BioPlastic option for anything other than parade and show harness. If you are going to have this harness on your animal for hard, sweaty work then we highly suggest choosing the Brahma Web option.
Chimacum Tack parade harness comes in sizes from large pony to large draft for horses, donkeys, and mules. Each size harness is proportioned and detailed for the specific needs and size of the animal using it. Please select the appropriate size from the size category options when ordering. Please refer to VSE parade harness for sizes from mini to small pony.
Please order by SIZE CATEGORY: Horse, Draft.
Then provide measurements and information about your equine so we can send the right size harness. If you are wanting parade harness for mules and donkeys please see “parade harness – donkey – mule.”
Size Categories are:
Horse: Large Pony, Cob, Halflinger, Fjord, Horse, Large Horse,
Draft: Draft, Large Draft.
We are proud of Chimacum Tack harness and stand behind it. (We would even stand in front of it!) Chimacum Tack harness is guaranteed to fit. Period. If there are concerns or problems just let us know.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure video on our Size Chart page. We ask that you watch this video before you order. On that page is a link to a PDF measuring chart, with instructions printed on it, that you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave.
**Also we ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!