Chimacum Tack’s own pleasure harness is American-made by craftsmen using traditional methods with contemporary top quality materials. This harness is available in your choice of breast collar style or collar and hames style. Designed for durability and guaranteed to fit the pleasure harness will last for many years – we have customers still happily using the same harness since the early 1990s!
**This harness is ONLY For Minis, small ponies and ponies. The TALLEST equine this will fit is 48″ tall.
Back pads and Breast collar pads are standard with the harness. If you prefer colored pads, please indicate your color choice in the options (vinyl colors) but remember to add extra time (up to 2 weeks depending on what is in stock) for colored pads!!! Our pads are closed cell foam on the inside, marine grade vinyl on the outside so they are non absorbent, won’t fade, wash easily. The harness shop has used these pads on their own harnesses for years and find the don’t loose their “squish”.
Here is a blog about ordering harness. It answers my most asked questions! Maybe it will help if you have any questions about your order – Ordering a Harness
THIS HARNESS IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN BLACK!!
Standard Pleasure Harness configuration includes:
- A treeless saddle that is well padded with black Carefree lining.
- A breast collar pad and a saddle back pad – THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE CHOOSING WHEN YOU CHOOSE A VINYL COLOR IN THE DROP DOWN MENU ABOVE! BLACK IS KEPT IN STOCK – ALL OTHER COLORS WILL NOW TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS UNTIL DELIVERY.
- The bridle converts can be used with or without a side check. Side check included with harness purchase. THIS HARNESS DOES NOT OFFER AN OVER CHECK.
- This newly redesigned harness will come with buckle in traces! This style breast collar has a SINGLE neck strap.
- Collars are sold separately.
- Your choice of black powder coated hames or stainless hames – If you are using a Collar! Choose no hames if you want a breast collar.
- Your choice of square blinds or open cheeks.
- This harness has two hip straps for the breeching but they are sewn together at the top of the hip. This hip strap is now removable!! It also has regular style buckles on the hip straps. And there are two loops to run the hip straps through, making it easier to adjust it just right on the pony’s hip!
- The only conway buckles on the pleasure harness are on the turn back strap and the check rein.
- Stainless Steel hardware only!
- Soft Strap lines with buckle at the hand end.
- Traces can be the 3 slot style or the combo end style.
When you order a Pleasure Harness set, which is what this product is, you will get:
- the bridle
- the breast collar
- the neck strap
- the traces
- the saddle
- Permasoft pads for the breast collar and the saddle
- the turn back strap with hip straps
- the breeching
- the hold back straps
- the girth
- and driving lines!
Pleasure Harness Upgrade Options include: To select one of these upgrades you must click on the link below and then add the upgrade to your cart. After you click on the below options there is a button you can click to add it to your cart. You can not purchase the below items without purchasing a harness. BUT PLEASE ADD THESE TO YOUR CART IF YOU WANT THE UPGRADE WITH THIS HARNESS PURCHASE!!!!!! If you simply type the upgrade in the notes I will not include the upgrade with your harness purchase. You MUST purchase the upgrade to receive it.
- SuperFlex Collar
- Standard Curve Breast collar
- Deluxe Breast Collar
- ComfyFit Bridle
- SuperGrip Driving Lines
- Padded Breeching
- ComfyFit Treeless Saddle
- Upgrade to Add Pair Ds to the breast collar
Sizes Available: We still require measurements when ordering any harness on our website but the measurements below will help you determine which size harness will work for your pony!
- Mini Horse A and B – COM to COM = 29-34″, Girth = 42-50″, Breeching = 29 1/2″
- Small Pony/Shetland – COM to COM = 30-37″, Girth = 48-58″, Breeching = 34 1/2″
- Large Pony – COM to COM = 35-43″, Girth = 51-62″, Breeching – 39″
Measuring For Your Harness
Please go to the Size Chart Page to watch a video showing how to measure.
We require measurements for EVERY HARNESS PURCHASE.
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure Chart you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave. Here is a guide on to how to measure.
**We ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
Blog Articles that Pertain to This Harness
Feel free to call our HARNESS HOTLINE at 1-224-HARNESS with any questions!
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform!