Traditional Buggy-Pleasure Harness for Mini or Standard Donkeys
Handcrafted, high-quality harness available in mini size, designed specifically for donkeys and mules.
Chimacum Tack’s own traditional buggy/pleasure-style buggy harness is American-made by craftsmen using traditional methods and contemporary top-quality materials. This harness is available in breast collar style or collar/hames style. Our Pleasure – Buggy Harness is designed to fit your Donkeys – made for comfort and durability it will last for many years. This harness is suited for both pleasure driving and training.
This particular size of our traditional-style buggy harness is sized just for mini donkeys/mules and small donkeys. We spent at least a year in the early 1990’s developing harness that fits mini donkeys and mini mules. This harness is made with the same sizing. Guaranteed to fit and be comfortable for your mini donkey/ mule or small (pony size) donkey. This size has fit every mini donkey/mule we’ve put it on since 1994. We can’t wait to have pictures of your mini donkeys and mini mules in their beautiful new pleasure harnesses.
Measuring is important even for the donkey and mule harnesses. To process your order we need 3 measurements:
COM to COM : Measure from the corner of the mouth on one side, over the top of the head (behind the ears) to the corner of the mouth on the other side. When doing this measurement make sure the tape is right behind the animal’s ears. Start at the corner of the mouth on one side and end at the exact corner of the mouth on the other side. If you are between two measurements, choose the smaller of the two.
Girth : When measuring the girth make sure you have the tape laying where the saddle will sit, on the flattest part of the back, NOT forward on the withers, or following the girth groove. If you are between measurements, choose the larger of the two.
Height : Measure using a straight ruler or level or something else flat and straight across the donkey’s back extending out to the side so that a straight line can me measured to the ground from that point. Then measure from that point straight down to the ground. You can use a measuring tape to measure the height of the horse. Hold a flat edge, a ruler or a piece of cardboard, on the top of the withers to help you make an accurate measurement.
Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave.
**Also we ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!
Back pads and Breastcollar pads are included with the harness. Please indicate your color choice in the options bur remember to add extra time for colored pads!!! Our pads are closed cell foam on the inside, marine grade vinyl on the outside so they are non absorbent, won’t fade, wash easily. The harness shop has used these pads on their own harnesses for years and find the don’t loose their “squish”. Please indicate your color choice in the options on the product but remember to allow extra time for colors.
The bridle is designed for long ears, who have longer cheeks, wider browbands, and more narrow noses than horses. The breast collar is sized for narrow donkey chests. The harness also comes with three separate sizes of bellybands because we know full well that donkey and mule tummies change. If you happen to order your mini/donkey, small donkey Parade harness under the other Mini harness categories, no worries, it’s the same harness made to fit your animal
- Designed for both comfort and fit the saddle is soft, well padded, leather lined.
- We now offer an extra wear strap on the inside of the shaft loop at no extra charge on Brahma Web Harness.
- The bridle converts from side check to no check style.
- Your choice of breast collar style or collar/hames style. Choose the NO hames option if you want the breast collar style.
- Your choice of hardware: stainless or solid brass. Brass is a special order, please allow 3-4 weeks. Harness with brass hardware is guaranteed but is not returnable.
- Your choice of materials, bioplastic (shiny) or Brahma Web (matte). The BioPlastic can trap heat and cause heat scalding on your horse. When choosing this harness for small ponies and mini horses you also have the option of soft strap! Please make a note of this in the Notes section when completely your order.
- Your choice or black powder coated or stainless buggy hames.
- The new SuperFlex collar is available as an optional upgrade in all sizes. Please purchase the SuperFlex upgrade product separately.
- Should you wish to upgrade your harness to have buckle in traces, please purchase the upgrade product here.
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform.