This All Purpose collar is designed specifically for minis (horses/donkeys/mules) and small ponies. It is downsized both in size and in diameter to better sit back against the smaller equine’s shoulders, allowing them to really push into the load they are pulling.
The rim is smaller as well, allowing for a more flush fit against the mini and small pony’s neck.
The closure at the top is the lever style Patent Fastener for ease of use.
We have ONE 15′ All Purpose Collar available. NO hames.
Like all of our Collars, this is an American made collar. Made individually, using traditional methods and equipment. This collar is made with all high quality full grain leather. The outseam is double stitched. This is an excellent, popular all purpose collar.
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
- Look from the front at your horse’s neck. You will be able to shape of the animal’s neck and determine the ‘sweeny’ for the collar.
- Average, straight necks (thoroughbreds and standardbreds) are FULL FACE.
- Necks that are wider at the bottom than the top (quarter horses, fjords, halflingers, and most average drafts) are HALF SWEENY.
There are no reviews yet.