Chimacum Tack’s own pleasure harness is American-made by craftsmen using traditional methods with contemporary top quality materials. This harness is available in your choice of breast collar style or collar/hames style. Designed for durability and guaranteed to fit the pleasure harness will last for many years! (We have customers still happily using the same harness since the early 1990s) Back pads and Breast collar pads are included with the harness. Please indicate your color choice in the options bur remember to add extra time for colored pads!!! Our pads are closed cell foam on the inside, marine grade vinyl on the outside so they are non absorbent, won’t fade, wash easily. The harness shop has used these pads on their own harnesses for years and find the don’t loose their “squish”.
- Designed for both comfort and fit. The saddle is a soft, well padded,carefree lining, gig style saddle.
- The bridle converts can be used with or without a side check. THIS HARNESS DOES NOT HAVE THE OVER CHECK STYLE BRIDLE.
- Your choice of breast collar style or collar-hames style.
- Collars are sold separately.
- Your choice of black powder coated hames or stainless hames – If you are using a Collar! Choose no hames if you want a breast collar.
- Your choice of square or pigeon wing blinds or open cheeks.
- There is a combination of roller buckles and conway buckles on this harness.
- Your choice of hardware: stainless or solid brass. Brass is a special order, please allow 3-4 weeks. Harness with brass hardware is guaranteed but is not returnable.
- Smooth Brahma Web or Soft Strap lines. Please indicate if you want the soft strap in the notes section when you place your order.
Pleasure Harness Upgrade Options:
Pleasure/Buggy Harness Options:
- Your choice of materials, Bioplastic (shiny) or Brahma Web (matte). If this is going to be your main driving harness then we highly suggest you choose Brahma Web. The BioPlastic can trap heat and cause heat scalding on your horse with extended use in high temperatures. The mini and small pony harnesses can be made using our soft strap.
- We now offer an extra wear strap on the inside of the shaft loop at no extra charge on Brahma Web harness.
- Traditional Breast collar style or your choice or black powder coated or stainless buggy hames.
- Size: Available in many sizes for horses, donkeys, and mules. Each size harness is proportioned and detailed for the specific needs of the animal using it.
- Single or Pair
- Please order by SIZE CATEGORY: VSE – Pony, Cob/Horse, Draft Your harness will be sent to fit your animal – the pricing categories are just for pricing. Measurements and other information should be included in the optional customer notes as you check out or feel free to call to order and/or with questions.
- Then provide measurements and information about your equine so we can send the right size harness. Please see the form provided.
- Categories include:
- VSE: Mini A, B, C, Mini Donkey/Mule, Shetland, Small Pony, Standard Donkey, Small Pony Mule
- Cob/Horse: Large Pony, Cob, Halflinger, Horse, Large Horse, Mule, Gypsy
- Draft: Draft Horse, Mammoth Mule
Our harness is always guaranteed to fit and perform.
Mini Donkey has its own size. It has fit every mini donkey or mule since 1994. Mini Donkey/mule pleasure harness can be purchased here or also is sold here as a separate item.
As always, our harness is guaranteed to fit and perform!
Our harnesses are guaranteed to fit. This means we need you to measure twice and order once. Or even better, measure three times and order once! We have a How To Measure video on our Size Chart page. We ask that you watch this video before you order. On that page is a link to a PDF measuring chart, with instructions printed on it, that you can take to your horse to write down the measurements you get. We ask that you be as accurate as you can, without over thinking it or stressing about it. Mindy Schroder will be contacting you either through email or phone after you place your harness order, to confirm the measurements you gave.
**Also we ask that you include the measurements for your harness in the Notes section of your order. After you click the Pay button, the next screen will have a place to write notes. That is the perfect place to give us any instructions about your harness as well!