The SuperFlex Collar (sometimes referred to as a Euro Collar Style) is made for use with traditional style pleasure or buggy harness.
The SuperFlex is similar to the Comfy Collar. It combines the functions of a neck collar and a breast collar to distribute the weight of the load across the neck and shoulders of the animal. The horse is able to push with its hindquarters as well as pulling with its shoulders in comfort. Hames are not used with the SuperFlex Collar because the upper section is not stuffed, so it flexes to accommodate the shape of the animal wearing it. Super comfortable!
Sizes 10″ – 29″ – When ordering, choose the size you want to be the middle of the adjustment.
The SuperFlex collar is designed to be attached to the traces with a clip in the same way that traces are often attached to hames. The design of the collar cap allows for adjustability of about 1.5- 2″ inches.
Superflex collars are not recommended for use without a martingale.
Superflex collars are not recommended for heavy pulling, such as logging or plowing.
Superflex collars are not recommended for vehicles with a low line of draft or for pulling very heavy vehicles.
SuperFlex Collar Features:
- Made from industrial PVC belting – extremely strong and virtually indestructible
- All components are non-absorbent which allows for very low maintenance – threads don’t rot because moisture/urine/mud/sweat are not absorbed.
- To clean, wash it off with water – soap if needed but nothing else. If you put oils, etc. on this collar, you just have to wash it off so it won’t attract dirt!
- Extra soft padding
- Stainless hardware
- Cut to allow room for ease of shoulder movement
- Black with black carefree lining
- Edging around the rim can be any of our vinyl colors
- Attach traces with a snaps or 7/8″ trace clips.
- Swivel trace attachment allows single tree up high or down low without twisting the collar
- You have the option of adding a bit of color to this collar style.
Upgrade Options: (To select this upgrades you must click on the link and then add the upgrade to your cart.)
- SuperFlex adapter to convert clip/snap type attachment for use with buckle in traces
- Upgrade add pair D’s
Keep in mind if you order a color option, that is made-to-order and will take 12 weeks from the time the order is placed.
**Our Harness Maker is behind on making our SuperFlex Collars. If you order a collar at this time (1/12/21) the wait time is at least 12 weeks. We are so sorry about that and hope our shop will get caught back up soon!
Measuring For Your Collar
Please watch the video below on how to measure your horse for your collar!
You can find additional measuring information on our Size Chart Page.
How to Measure for a Collar:
- Use a collar measuring tool or make your own tool using two carpenter’s squares (L shaped rulers) or L shaped cardboard cutouts. Overlap the long sides of the two rulers or cutouts forming what looks like a letter C or one vertical side of a collar.
- Place measuring tool on the animal as if it were one vertical side of the collar. Place it just where you want the collar to sit on the animal at the wither and below the airway. Grip the tool so it won’t slip as you remove it. Be sure the two parts do not slip; then measure from the top to the bottom on the inside. That will be your collar size.
Superflex collars should be more snug than a collar and hames style collar. If there is gaping along the shoulder, the collar is too big for your horse. It should lay flat at all times when the horse is in draft.